Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern your use of the Site and contain warranty and liability disclaimers. Please read them carefully before proceeding to use the Site. You will be legally bound by them whether or not you choose to read them. By using the Site, you will be taken to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions in the same way as if you had signed a printed version, and they will continue to apply every time you use the Site. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use the Site.
1. The Press Bureau web site, web site address: www.thepressbureau.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by The Press Bureau of 58 High Road, Bushey Heath, Hertfordshire WD23 1SF.
2. The copyright (including database rights) and all other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”) in: (i) the services made available to you via the Site including, but not limited to, all software used on and/or forming part of those services (the “Services”), and (ii) all content appearing on, or made available to you via, the Site including, but not limited to, Press Release Content, photographs, graphics, images, captions attached to any photographs, graphics or images and any other text (the “Content”) and the manner in which the Content is presented or appears on, or is made available to you via, the Site is the property of the Press Bureau or its licensors, and all rights are reserved. Any names, images and/or logos appearing on the Site which identify the Press Bureau or any other third party and/or their products and services are proprietary marks of the Press Bureau and/or such third parties, as the case may be. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right under any trademark or patent of the Press Bureau or any other third party.
3. The Services and the Content are for your personal use only unless you are accessing the Site in the course of or as part of your business in which case those parts of the Content relevant to the business of the organisation in and for which you are working when accessing the Site may be disseminated/made available to relevant personnel within such organisation for information purposes only – for the avoidance of doubt, this excludes dissemination of the Content: (i) as a whole within such organisation, or (ii) in part on any Intranet within such organisation or in any other internal publication disseminated/made available throughout such organisation.
4. The Content published in the ‘Live Press Releases’ section of the Site (“Press Release Content”) comprises press releases and publicity material (including all text, data, graphics and images that form part of such material) made available by third parties to the Press Bureau for distribution. In addition to the permitted use of Content set out in paragraph 3 above, journalists, researchers and analysts may use the Press Release Content for information purposes and/or as source material for the creation of their own news, research and editorial content only.
5. Except as expressly set out in paragraph 3 and, in relation to Press Release Content only, paragraph 4 above, the Services and the Content may not be used or stored for any purpose, or reproduced or distributed, except with the express written permission of the Press Bureau and subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the Press Bureau on such use including, but not limited to, you giving prior written notice to the Press Bureau of the intended use of the Content (together with such other information as to such use the Press Bureau may reasonably require) and paying the appropriate copyright and/or usage fee to the Press Bureau. In addition, you may not, without the express written permission of the Press Bureau: (i) include any link from any other web site or Internet service to all or any part of the Site, the Services or the Content except for a link from any other web site/Internet service to the home page of the Site, or (ii) amend, edit, frame or modify (as the case may be) all or any part of the Site, the Services or the Content.
6. While every effort is made to ensure the availability and accuracy of the Services and the Content, the Press Bureau does not warrant the availability of the Services or the Content or that the Services or the Content will be error free, and the Press Bureau accepts no responsibility for any use made of the Services or any of the Content and shall not be liable for any loss suffered thereby (except for direct loss suffered by you to the extent arising out of the Press Bureau’s negligence or wilful default) to the fullest extent that the Press Bureau may exclude or limit such liability at law. In any event, the Press Bureau will not be liable to you for any failures, interruptions, delays or other matters of a similar nature arising out of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
7. You acknowledge that the Intellectual Property Rights in certain software, services and other information forming part of the Services and the Content respectively are the property of third parties, and agree to be bound by any restrictions imposed by such third parties and to ensure that, where appropriate, copyright and/or other arrangements are made directly with such third parties.
8. The Site may contain links to various web sites that are operated by third parties over whom the Press Bureau has no control. The Press Bureau therefore does not make any representation – and does not accept any liability – in respect of the content, products or services available from such web sites, or the business of such third parties. Any dealings with advertisers and merchants accessed using the Site shall be entirely at your own risk.
9. The licence granted to you by the Press Bureau to use the Site, the Services and/or the Content will automatically terminate if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
11. Save in respect of any fraudulent pre-contractual misrepresentation, these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Press Bureau, and shall be governed by English law. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.